For most adults, a career is an integral part of their identity, and how they focus a great deal of their energy each day. Although much progress has been made improving opportunities and access, there is a significantly higher rate of unemployment for people with disabilities as compared to the rest of the population.
Since 1986, Enable has provided supported employment services in conjunction with hundreds of employers across Central New York. Our employment consultants work closely with employers and individuals to match the best person to each specific job opening. As the individual becomes more familiar with their job, support from job coaches decreases to eventually allow maximum independence on the job.
Enable’s Employment Services help identify each individual’s strengths, interests, goals, and needs. These services include the following:
- Develop a plan for successful job placement
- Match each person’s abilities to a specific job
- Encourage working relationships
- Follow-up when the employee needs help
- Secure financial incentives for both the employer and the employee
- Solve problems and helping to overcome barriers
- Public recognition of the employer’s efforts
- Ongoing training for the employee, employer and all co-workers
Contact Us About
Jeffrey Tamburo, Program Coordinator
Fax: (315) 701-1536
Referrals are accepted from the NYS Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped (CBVH) and the NYS Department of Education’s Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID). An application must be filled out with a counselor from CBVH or VESID in order to receive services.
Services are funded through VESID, CBVH and the NYS Office For People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD).